Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hypothetically speaking

In reference to http://mynerdythoughts.blogspot.com/2007/08/rules-for-being-marines-daughter-part-i.html, I have a hypothetical situation in which being a Marine’s Daughter (as well as a former Marine myself) I must share…

The names and circumstances in this post are hypothetical only, and may have hypothetically been changed in order to protect the innocent, or even the not-so-innocent.

So, hypothetically speaking, what would it be like if this Marine’s daughter was to visit the local jail after a not so impressive car accident (I’ll leave the reason for the invitation to the local jail up for one’s imagination)?

Well, from what I have heard….socks are a strong commodity to have while paying a short visit to the local county jail. Evidently, warm socks are not issued to visitors…and if one happens to be wearing warm, thick socks that happen to be white in color, the said person may option to continue wearing the aforementioned warm, thick socks if he or she chooses, during his or her visit.

And, hypothetically speaking of course, what would happen if, while taking a little nap while visiting the local county jail after a non-impressive car accident, the Marine’s daughter opened her eyes only to find two other local county jail visitors staring down at her…well, suffice to say, this is how the (fictional, of course) story would go:

Marine’s Daughter: Can I help you?

Tall, Mean Looking Visitor: Nice socks.

Other Tall, Mean looking Visitor: Yeah. Nice Socks. We are taking them from you.

Marine’s Daughter: Ok. But I would really hate to end up with a manslaughter charge while I am visiting this fine facility.

Marine’s Daughter stands up, only to find that she is lacking in stature and required to look up at these other two visitors.

Tall, Mean Looking Visitor: What do you mean?

Other Tall, Mean Looking Visitor: Manslaughter? What the hell you talking about, whitebread?

Marine’s Daughter: Well, besides the fact that I am a former United States Marine, I am also a Retired United States Marine’s daughter. And although the Marine Corps definitively taught me how to protect myself, my father taught me not to stop until all breathing, except mine ceases to exist. In other words, I can protect myself from you, but I don’t have any brakes. Hence the Manslaughter charge.

Both Tall, Mean Looking Visitors look at each other, shrug, and quietly back away.

Interesting thing, though. No one else would approach the Marine’s Daughter for the duration of her visit. Hmmmm.

Thanks, Dad. Sempre Fi.

3 comments:

Sgt said...

I could not have said it any better myself. Except maybe I would have taken their socks and tossed them in the hall as an example to others (and comedic value).

Did you at least bring your underwire shanks?

KatiaSul said...

Hey SgtRedline. Well, remember how this is a hypothetical situation (!)...but, no. I don't believe I would have been expecting to make this vist, so i don't think I would have specifically worn underwire that day. It certainlly would have been helpful...hypothetically speaking, of course.

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

I love this. I love you.

This will be a good year for you. I just have a feeling.