Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Birthday List

Today is my birthday. At least a minimum of six people have asked me what I would like for my birthday. I have a minor issue with this because I think it is awkward to ask a 43 year old what they want for their birthday (unless you are Mom, of course), so I decided to publish the list. Here goes:

Want for my birthday? I dunno. Better pay, the truck sold, a very cool roommate, about $150K perhaps another Chihuahua for Coco. Add to that world peace, happiness, and love. A new Administration, some new shoes, a new laptop, my yard cut, my car detailed, better golf skills, new glasses, hmmmm...

Did I mention world peace? How about curing world hunger, discrimination, ethnic cleansing, and that damned policy the U.S has that allows any Cuban in the country but doesn't take care of the Haitians. In addition to these small requests, I would like a life-time supply of Diet Coke, Starbucks Mocha Light Frappucinos, popcorn, Birkenstocks, Dr. Martens, and Sebago topsiders. How about a million dollar gift certificate to Old Navy. Aw, Hell. For that matter, how about a million dollar gift certificate to all clothing stores within a 100 mile radius. Hmmmm, I'd really like another Mini Cooper (in addition to the one I have with some small changes like a convertible top and other goodies), Tickets to see Antigone Rising, Brandi Carlyle, and Amos Lee. The new Melissa Etheridge album that comes out next month with tickets to see her in concert when she goes on tour.

So, I'm sure that I will continue adding to this little list, but in the meantime, all of you who really care (yeah, I'm talking to you, Mom), you can start with the Diet Coke.

No comments: