Thursday, October 4, 2007

Small sacrifices...

So, it looks like the Incas liked to sacrifice their children: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/10/02/inca.sacrifices.ap/index.html

It seems to me that this could be very useful information for those who have unruly children. I mean what a great motivator! We had several attitude adjustment tools when I was growing up: Everything from “Just wait until your father gets home” to “Do you realize how badly this behavior can affect your father’s career!”. But the absolute most effective punishment I could barely endure was the silent treatment. Dad would just spank us and then send us out to play because it was over. Mom, on the other hand, would not speak a word to us for weeks. I would have rather been beaten to a pulp than have to endure that cold, wretched silent treatment that made me feel two inches tall. And by the way, it still works.

So, for those parents out there who are at their wits end because you cannot legally discipline your children in the manner you would like to at times, print this article out, add cool and disgusting graphics and perhaps some creative details, and paste it on the back of the bedroom door. All you’ll need to do from here forward is point to that door.

The only downside I see here is the food. According to this article, the Incas prepared their small sacrifices for up to a year by feeding them better and cutting their hair. I don’t see the sense in that. I think that adding potential starvation diets to the realm of motivational attitude adjustments just might help the situation. But then basements and chains just might be a necessity. OK, I am getting just a little carried away and too complicated now. I think I’ll stick to the cool and disgusting graphics with some creative details on the back of the door. Good luck, Parents of the World!

No comments: