Friday, September 28, 2007

I will never enjoy a flavored drink again...

Football-flavored sodas for sale (http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/28/news/funny/bc.apfn.jonessoda.newfla.ap/index.htm?cnn=yes)

I can think of quite a few flavors of sodas I would like to at least think about trying. However, the thought of drinking something labeled “perspiration”, “dirt”, or “sports cream” actually makes me vomit just a little bit in my mouth. I mean, really, folks!

I think that this is just going to have to be saved for one of those famous deck-night conversation where, after many cocktails, we can easily expand on the delights of flavored drinks. Personally, I have delighted in accidentally tasting perfume, body lotion, and suntan oil. Yum! Of course, partaking in the activities involved while tasting these not-so-palatable items certainly trumped the pain of the actual taste. And there have been occasion where sweat was involved, but at that point, it can actually be quite excitable.

I have never, however, though of locker-room sweat in the least bit sexy or desirable. Having grown up in locker rooms, I have vast experience in the smells that are closely associated with a not-so-fresh-right-after-a-game shower and changing space. And, so, to make my point one more time (here comes that vomit again), GROSS!

1 comment:

Sgt said...

That's just nasty!

OH and yeah, perfume is better left to the olfactory system than the taste buds. I think I've ingested enough sunscreen to protect my insides from harmful UV rays for life.